Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Confessions of a Lazy Lady

Well, I have avoided this post for as long as I could. We failed. We failed in our weight loss goals. We didn't fail so bad that we gained, but we didn't lose. Turns out it is really difficult to stay motivated with a baby in the house. You really have to make up your mind to make things happen because life is throwing you constant curve balls. Even if you have a pretty good routine, something can and usually will upset it. You can't count on anything, which has made gaining momentum difficult to say the least. You have to prioritize and learn to do things even when you feel lazy and tired (which is all.the.time.) There is no "I will have a chance to do it later" because later comes and you are more tired and busy than you were when the last opportunity arose. It is beyond frustrating, but convicting. I am realizing where I am weak and how prone both Rob and myself are to excuses. It is always going to be easier to cook a DiGiorno instead of prep for a salad. It is always going to be easier to sit on the couch and relax while the baby is sleeping than get up and do a 30 minute workout. There will always be periods where life is strolling along smoothly and then BAM you hit a giant pot hole and it ruins your whole day or maybe even week. You just have to make things happen no matter the inconvenience. I am living in a constant stream of lazy excuses. I need to break out. Bust free from the "I'll do it later" to a "get it done now" kind of mom. So easy it is to think it, so difficult it is to make the change. I am unhappy with my laziness, but comfortable. Oh so comfortable. One thing is for sure, this is a journey best accompanied by some Holy Spirit, for my own resolve will surely fail me. I need grace and strength from the Most High. Through Him all things are possible and because His words are true, I know it is true I can make this happen.
No doubt it is a bit disappointing and embarassing to admit my failures on my blog. And it should be clear that I did not want to publicly voice my lack of progress. I mean, it has been a couple of months at least since I wrote out my goals for you to see, but here we all are reading how far I did not come and how far I still hope to go. I pray others are having more success than I am (wouldn't be too hard) and enjoying their new lifestyle as a healthier person. Maybe in another month I will have something more positive to report... maybe...
Until that day of (what we hope will be) good news, soon you can expect a baby update. Our Florida trip has come and gone and we survived. That is all I can say. We made it through the tortuous travel and came out the other side having learned plenty of lessons like, if you can help it, don't travel with a baby. However, this is a story for another posting that I will share sometime in the coming days. Here is a pic to hold you over ;)

What a cute drooly chunk

p.s. The Apple Carrot Muffins turned out very, what is a good word??? Very, meh. BUT I made some granola that was amazing. You will like the Fruit and Nut Granola too if you like coconut. It is super simple to make and I think it is well worth the time and dirty dishes.

Anywho, thanks for stopping in to witness the confessions of one lazy lady.

2 comments:

  1. To encourage you: The fact that you are sharing this, means you want to make a change! It's NOT easy, and you are so close. You are beautiful!

    advice: Try to change your mindset about food. See it as fuel for your body. Whenever you put "healthy" foods into your body it makes it run better. When you put lots of sugar and carbs it slows it down and drains the body. Just as if you added water to gasoline and put it in your car.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! Your encouragement means a lot. I am trying to change my mindset about food, but it has proven oh-so difficult. I am doing the 21 Day Sugar Detox starting next week. I am excited, but worried about how difficult it will be. BUT I know it will benefit Rob and me so I know it is worth it.

    ReplyDelete