Wow! This boy is desperate to be a big kid.
Although this "little" man is still attempting to sit up on his own with very little success, he has in fact mastered another milestone- rolling from back to front. We officially have a roller. He especially loves practicing his rolling during diaper changes, making me look forward to the task all the more *deadpan expression*.However, my proud mommy moment ("my boy can roll!") was short-lived when I realized he would no longer continue his good bed time routine. We had it down and perfected. Bath time, eat, swaddle, swing, bed, and sleep. He did so great for so many weeks to see it all end, was, in a word, sad. Because of his new skill we have had to stop swaddling cold turkey, it has become too dangerous to leave him pinned when he is rolling over to his tummy. Too many times I have gone in to see him with his face smooshed into his mattress. Scary! SO we have spent many less than sleep full nights trying to figure out the best solution, only to settle on the obvious and most difficult. No more cozy comfort for baby. Just free movement and unsettling jerks. It has been hard on both myself and Silas. I am used to being sleep deprived, but he isn't and believe me, that boy needs some good sleep. Our poor little Butterball...
In addition to his roley poley-ness, he is really starting to figure out the technique needed to crawl. He is moving them arms and legs and getting his butt way up in the air. I feel safe saying that with more floor time, he will be crawling by five months. I feel both proud and terrified. He is so determined. Tummy time is no longer a time of screaming, but has become a time of pure determination and will to move. This kid hates being horizontal and just wants to be up. We have even started propping him up in his walker and he loves being able to just look around. He can't reach the floor yet, so he is stuck in one place, but he loves the ability to move his head around and see everything from a more "grown up" position.
More and more his personality is shining through. I think he definitely going to be an observer like his daddy and more inquisitive than silly... something to look forward to once he can talk ;) . If I had to guess, I'd say he going to be a go getter and pretty independent. Who really knows, but basing my assumption on what I am seeing now, that is my best prediction for the little boy to come.
He is for sure a momma's boy right now. Loves me! It makes me feel so good :) , but he still talks more with his daddy. I am more of his comfort and the pro at getting him to sleep, it doesn't hurt that I am his only source of food. If all else fails to comfort- feed. It is handy.
Things he loves:
Being sung to
Cooing
Bath time
Interacting with Mommy and Daddy
Bouncing
Raspberries on his belly
Being airplane baby
Things he hates:
No one paying attention to him
Being in a lying or sitting position (has to be up all the time)
Naps. Yes, at one point he was napping so well. Now, he hates 'em. I suppose we are at the point where day time is exploring-and-figuring-things-out time.
His Carseat. Oh my gosh he HATES his carseat, now titled The Seat of Sadness
There is no continuous daily routine with this kiddo. He switches it up on me every day and I have to try to keep up. I would never say it is easy, but it is worth it and it can be a LOT of fun. Sometimes I just have to grit my teeth and get through the day, but those little toothless hammy smiles make the tough days much easier to handle. One just has to remain thankful and realize the gift of such a miracle. Because of some very special people, I have been able to keep perspective and not complain (too much) when things are hard. I am beyond thankful for his precious life, even at 4am when he wants to play and all I want to do is go back to bed. He is the best baby EVER!
R and T update later...
Peas out ;)

I love his expression in that photo, "That's right y'all...DEAL with it!"
ReplyDeleteYou're doing a fabulous job and have a wonderful attitude! :)
You are so sweet! Love hearing from you :) .
ReplyDelete