In other news, Rob and myself are both working on getting leaner and more in shape. We just threw out a bunch of food (sorry Mimi) in hopes of making better snacking decisions. We have a new grocery shopping rule: I will only buy Coke and a jug of juice once a month so Rob has to watch his sugar intake. Additionally, I have gotten a some delish looking recipes for healthy homemade granola and granola bars as well as (and I am super excited about this one) a recipe for Apple Carrot Bran Muffins. Yummmmm... I will let you know how they turn out. They make them fresh at a grocery store up here and they are SO good. I hope mine will be just as good, will find out soon.
Obviously with this "new" way of eating we are upping our workouts. We are both making a stronger attempt to work out 5 times a week. It has not been an easy thing to keep up with, especially with a baby, but we are getting there. I had to join the YMCA in order to have childcare and thankfully that membership provides me with free classes. YESSSS!!! I just tried my first one this week, Body Sculpt. This class seems similar to Body Pump but more cardio. As for how effective it is, let's just say Silas seems to have gained 10 more pounds and our stairs seem like they have gained a few more steps... rough. HOWEVER, me and Rob feel great about our decisions and have set a goal to be down 10 pounds by early May for the EOD Ball. Something to work toward! I don't expect things to go perfectly, but I hope we can maintain motivation well enough to make our goals.
For your benefit and curiousity I would take before, during and after pictures in order to show my progress, but I am not comfortable showing my figure to the public, even if I maintain coverage. BUT I will be happy to share my progress through words...
I am starting this journey at 144-146 lbs. My goal is to be at 135 by May 3, but my ultimate goal is 130. My workouts include:
Running- Monday, Thursday, Friday
Pilates and Body Sculpt classes alternating Tuesdays
Kickboxing Classes and Weights alternating Saturdays
Rest on Sundays and Wednesdays
I have made this plan with no real knowledge of what I should be doing. My intended routine is just a mixture of things I know I need to do and things I want to do.
Hopefully by sharing this goal with my friends and family it will help to motivate and encourage me, which will in turn help motivate Rob. Of course we are giving ourselves some wiggle room because we have an infant and life can't always be predictable, unfortunately. It's a good thing this baby is SO cute, see-
Cute Sleepy Boy
-makes the unpredictable nature of our lives much more enjoyable when we get to converse with, cuddle and kiss this adorable little nugget of chunky-ness. We are smitten.
If you have some pointers or are doing something and would like some encouragement, please tell me all about it and I would be happy to be a support to you :) .
Awesome goals to strive for! I'm excited for you guys! When you're just starting a workout regimen, it can be daunting, but once you begin to see some progress, that helps to keep you motivated...so hang in there! Your routine sounds like a lot of cardio, which should help speed up the weight loss. The only pointer is to try to include some strength training exercises also, maybe twice a week (maybe on one day do upper body, then another day do lower). But the key is to try and keep trying, and do activities that challenge you but that you enjoy doing. Can't wait to hear about your progress!
ReplyDeleteThanks, Christine! I am hoping the Body Sculpt class will work for some strength training. It uses your body weight for toning. The cardio aspect of it is you just have to keep moving, like jogging in place, I don't know. We did a LOT of arm and leg work. It. Was. Hard. Haha! But I know strength training is important for toning, but I am so WEAK. It is hard to be motivated. Thanks for the encouragement! You are a rockstar and maybe I can be as diligent as you and your hubs with this. :)
ReplyDelete