Saturday, June 18, 2011

It Has Been A While...

Welcome back ME!

Obviously there is a lot that has happened over the course of one month, a week, and one day. For starters, my nanny job with Lilli has ended, Robby has come home for R&R and left, and I am coming to the end of long days of fun-filled reading and online videos for school. That's right! I am getting close to becoming a certified medical secretary. Woooo. Don't act like you're not impressed.

Among those milestones, Robby and I were blessed by a family friend with the opportunity to stay at their lakehouse for his first week home and spent the second week with family. It was an incredibly precious time which obviously went by way too fast; however, on the bright side Robby will be home in LESS THAN FOUR MONTHS so that is truly exciting and definitely smile inducing. I know all of the family will be happy to have him back in the states and not that it is a competition or anything, but I think I will be the most happy ;). Overly happy really.

Once Robby left to go back to Iraq, I headed straight to College Station to spend time with my mom and to use her busy-body-ness to keep me distracted from the lonely sense that my husband was gone once again. She is a super lovely lady and a pro at keeping me busy. On one of our many comings and goings we went to Brenham to do some antique shopping and I found the cutest little low boy chest that I repurposed to be our TV stand. It was a completely unexpected find too. Every other antique shop was closed at 10am on Saturday morning (go figure) so we were just wandering around the quiet streets and happened into this tiny, and I do mean tiny, little "antique" shop. It wasn't really a shop at all, it was an after thought to a hearing aid store. Just one little room in the back with some old stuff. Turned out to be my lucky day. Only one store open and it had the most perfect piece of furniture. I should mention that I had long since been looking for a stand to place our television upon and nothing stood out and said "I'm unique". Well friends, I found it. Rest easy. I have added a picture below for you to see. It is kind of sad though, I have no pictures from when Robby was home, but I have a photo of some random piece of furniture. BUT! In my defense, I was way too busy having fun with my Love to worry with a camera. Just sayin'...

Go ahead. Be impressed.
This is my low boy turned prop for television.

...thinking...

Welp, I am sure there is more I could write about, but it has been a long time and to go on would take up more than one page and I don't think you nor I would enjoy that very much....
Needless to say I enjoyed having my husband home tremendously, I was sad to see him leave again, but I am very much looking forward to his return home once again. This time for good... at least until a possible next time.

Have a blessed week!

1 comment:

  1. Been praying for you! Glad you got to see him for a short while, and it'll be over before you know it. Hang in there friend!

    ReplyDelete