Wednesday, February 13, 2013

You have a blog? Yes...

Welcome back ME! Haha! Sooooo to say "it has been a while" is a bit of an understatement. More like it is has been forever and a day. To tell the truth I haven't needed to update my blog so much considering it was started as a way to update family and friends of the happenings in the Martin household whilst we live in distant lands far from those we love most. *sigh* The life of an Army family. Up until recently we have been fairly close to our home base and the need to keep our dear ones well informed was easy and the upkeep of a blog seemed tedious and unnecessary- HOWEVER- we now find ourselves farther away than ever before with a new baby and I felt 'twas time to once again put my typing skills to work and update those who care.

Since my last post way too much has happened to thoroughly inform. The highlights include: a move to Virginia, followed by a move to Maryland during a hurricane, followed by the birth of our first son in December. We are learning to live without the comfort and support of having our immediate families near by. It has been hard on me, but for the first time I am reaching out and really making an effort to establish friendships. For an introvert such as myself, it isn't always easy, but I feel blessed that God has provided us with a good community here on post and a great church. I suspect this experience being far from home will be a tremendous gift to us in the long run and that we will be the better for it. That said, we are both very anxious to be back in Texas! We love our home state and we are definitely proud to be Texans :) .

Now that you have been somewhat caught up on our life...

The following video is a sweet one! Our 8 week old boy is talking (cooing) to his Daddy. You have to wait 'til near the end before he actually starts, it is the last two out of four minutes I believe, the rest of the time you can laugh at and be in awe of his sweet cute self ;) . This video is mostly for the grandparents. I know it is hard on Granny and Mimi to be so far away from their adorably sweet and, I dare say, amazing grandbaby boy...

Video: SilasTalking

Check back soon for more exciting info (but not really) on the Maryland dwelling Martins.

No comments:

Post a Comment