Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Happy Mother's Day

This past weekend was Mother's Day weekend and my mom came to visit and we had a blast. We went to dinner at the delicious restaurant at Zocca on the Riverwalk and later watched the King's Speech. Such a great movie, well worth owning if you like period movies- which Rob and I do. Then on Sunday I made a special brunch for both my mom and Sharon. Two women who are definitely deserving of a little spoiling. It wasn't much, but it was fun spending time together and having a little fellowship with both the motherly influences in my life. Peter was there too, but it was all about the moms.

Overall it was a good day :)
There is not much new with Rob. We are getting really excited because sometime within the next two weeks he will be home on R&R. Well, ideally within the next two weeks. I am so excited I can hardly stand it! We will have been seperated for SEVEN months and that is just too long for anyone to be apart from their husband and best friend. BUT I am so proud of his service and I could not ask for a more amazing husband. Other than this exciting monumental event of Robby coming home for two weeks, there is not much to update on. He is still attempting to finish everything on his to-do list. It is coming down to the wire and there still isn't enough hours in the day, but he is surviving. He has been able to spend some more time with his dad which is always good for him. Rob's dad offers support and encouragement in a desert place and I know we are both thankful for that and for the opportunities they have been able to meet. Needless to say, God is faithful.

In other news this week is my last full week with Lilli and next Wednesday will officially be my last day. I am definitely going to miss the little munchkin who has taught me so much, but with the end of this job brings the beginning of Rob's R&R so yes, I am ready. One good-bye brings another hello and that hello has been long awaited for. I CANNOT WAIT!!!

Welp! Another update. Hope all is well with all of you and your week is off to a superb start. Have a fantastic day! See you here again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment