Monday, May 2, 2011

Usama bin Laden is No More

I think the fact that Usama bin Laden has been killed is indeed blog worthy. Mostly I just want to gush over the troops. For nearly ten years the world has been searching for one man. One man who caused mass destruction and devastation and changed the lives of not only Americans, but the lives of people around the world. Usama bin Laden admittedly planned and was the mastermind behind the 9/11 attacks. That fateful day left millions in mourning and on this day justice has been served.

As an American and more so as an Army wife, I could not be more proud today. Our troops have done a helluva job fighting this war. We first took down Saddam and now bin Laden. Of course the war is far from over and al Qaeda may retaliate, but I agree with Bush- this victory is monumental in showing our dedication to winning this war. Watching Americans come together to celebrate in DC and Ground Zero and all over the world was extremely moving and encouraging. People seem to forget the daily sacrifices soldiers and their families are making and to see such appreciation and pride in/for our country and troops was just... just absolutely amazing and I am grateful for this victory and God's constant provision.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/05/02/president-george-w-bush-congratulates-obama-bin-laden-killing/

On a completely different note, here is a picture of Rob and a few other Aggies with Dr. Robert Gates:


What an exciting day for the Aggies at Mozul! I am seriously grateful for individuals who take time to travel among the different FOBs to show appreciation and recognition of our servicemen and women. This particular visit was mostly for Aggies, but what can I say? There is a bond between Aggies that goes on forever. It does not matter what year you graduated or how old you are (or are not) nor how much experience you have, all that matters is that golden ring. I may not have graduated from Texas A&M, but boy am I proud of my Aggie husband and I am blessed with the knowledge that he has that extra support and community. WHOOP! Go Aggies :)

Hope your Monday is amazing and this week goes by supa fast! For my sake and yours.

God bless!  

No comments:

Post a Comment